The Environmental Technician will be responsible for maintenance of the building headquarters at 151 Koser Road, and overall cleanliness and organization of the building and grounds. The ET will perform general maintenance repairs, custodial and housekeeping needs, and outdoor maintenance of the grounds.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
This position will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Day to day cleaning, including high traffic areas, and scheduling of low traffic areas
- Waste removal, garbage removal, and oversight of waste removal with vendors and partners
- Oversight of vendors and partners needed for special projects and emergent needs
- General maintenance including upkeep of lighting fixtures, plumbing, and restrooms
- Inventory upkeep and tracking of supplies
- Groundskeeping responsibilities including:
- Lawn maintenance
- Lot maintenance and parking lot maintenance
- Pest Control
- Snow removal
Secondary/ Back-Up Support and Responsibilities and Duties
This position will have the following support role responsibilities:
- Auto/truck detailing and fleet refueling as needed
Skills/Competencies/Work Environment/Physical demands
To be successful in this position, the employee will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Custodial experience in a commercial setting
- Knowledgeable in safety procedures and safe practices in a custodial role
- Organization to manage schedules of maintenance and work orders
- Professional communication skills for communication with vendors, partners, and staff
- Ability to work well within a team, and independently
- Physical requirements include:
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like.
- Medium work that includes lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions.
- Repeating motions that may include wrists, hands or fingers.
- Operating machinery and power tools.
- Operating motor vehicles and other equipment.
- Environmental conditions include:
- Low/high temperatures, and outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Noisy environments and equipment.
- Small and/or enclosed spaces.
- Exposure to commercial cleaning supplies, herbicides and pesticides