The instructor provides expertise and knowledge to the new driver through teaching maneuvers, pre and post-trip inspection guidance, and general driving practice after an individual has obtained their CDL permit. All instruction is one-on-one and on the road, not in a classroom or a group setting. There is a lot of opportunity for growth within our company. We operate multiple businesses that focus on the Trucking Industry.
Note: We intend to hire 3 full-time or part-time driving instructors to meet the growing demand of our school and client base
Essential Functions and Duties include:
- Full knowledge of and ability to teach maneuvers
- Complete guidance in training future drivers in Pre- and Post-Trip Inspection
- Ability to train future drivers through general driving practice after an individual has obtained their CDL permit.
- Comfortable with one-on-one and on-the-road instruction (no classroom or group settings)
Competencies and Skills necessary to succeed in this role:
- A professional commercial driver, interested in behind-the-wheel, one-on-one training.
- Interested in beginning a new career or furthering a current career within the transportation industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage and communicate with new drivers of all skill levels
This position operates in a professional office environment. Professionalism is expected as you will be working in close proximity with other companies and clients.
Training locations may alternate between our outdoor training facility, Driving Simulator, Over-the-Road, and classroom (if necessary).
There are opportunities for instructors to train off-site for clients and on-site at our Lititz location.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
We are currently interested in speaking with qualified candidates that can fulfill all, or some, of the suggested hours below on a full-time or part-time basis:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience:
- Unrestricted Valid Class A CDL
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- 5+ years of over-the-road experience
TBD – Based on Experience