Who are we?
Join our team at CNS, where we’re dedicated to supporting trucking and transportation companies in staying safe, compliant, and profitable. CNS stands out as a leader in our field by providing a full menu of comprehensive services to clients and an employee environment where team members are eager to work, learn, and grow in their fields. We play a crucial role in partnering with businesses to navigate the complexities of compliance and safety regulations while keeping them on the road to success. Together, we do this through living out our values centered on lasting relationships, professionalism, integrity, client-focused decisions, and servant leadership.
Our team of professionals works tirelessly to understand the unique needs of each client, offering a diverse range of services and tailored proactive packages. Whether it’s assisting fleet companies or individual owner/operators, we’re committed to ensuring compliance and a best-in-class experience that meets our client’s present and future needs. CNS is known for its personal touch and culture of care that builds effective results.
As one of our CNS Administrative Assistants, you will be the face and voice of the company to many of our new clients within our Driver Training Center. This role is critical in showcasing our organization’s values and in setting up expectations for our clients moving forward.
If you’re passionate about making a difference in the trucking and transportation industry and thrive in a dynamic, supportive environment, we want you on our team! Join us and be part of a people-focused company that values professionalism, expertise, and collaboration.
Who are you?
You are positive and have a bright personality. You can multi-task and maintain a high level of organization. You desire to work within an energetic, youthful team and organization. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be a part of a fast-growing business.
Essential Functions and Duties include:
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Client and prospective client correspondence
- Learning, understanding, and explaining our CDL packages to clients.
- Assist with billing support ensuring all clients are accurate and up to date.
- Creating training schedules and tests for trainees.
- Assist with initial driver qualification based on company standards.
- Maintaining accurate client records in all CNS Systems.
- Collect, copy/scan, and organize documents from clients, and coordinate with our Occupational Medicine and Licensing divisions for drug tests and MVRs.
Secondary/ Back-Up Support and Responsibilities and Duties:
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies and Skills necessary to succeed in this role:
To be successful in this position, the employee will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Humility and a hunger to learn from others.
- Emotional Intelligence and the ability to selflessly problem solve in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented – a high degree of accuracy skills
- Ability to multitask across multiple tasks and programs
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Strong problem-solving ability and critical-thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Teams, Dynamics) and QuickBooks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Incorporation of company core values into the culture within the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to engage and communicate with customers and clients verbally and in writing
- Strong accountability to clients as well as co-workers
- Positive mindset to drive programs forward
This position operates in a professional office environment. Professionalism is expected as you will be working near other companies and clients.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
We are currently interested in speaking with qualified candidates that can fulfill all, or some, of the suggested hours below on a full-time or part-time basis:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Hourly – $17/hr.